h3.post-title, h4 { font: $(post.title.font); color: $(post.title.text.color); } h3.post-title a { font: $(post.title.font); color: $(post.title.text.color); }

Monday, March 3, 2014

Sprucing Up with Ironstone

Nature is trying its best to make some changes.
 
 Here in Tennessee, it can't make up its mind,
Winter or Spring?

Making some changes inside too.
 
I'm working on several projects while nature makes up its mind.
 
 
Like updating here and there.
 
I've had an idea to fill an old china cabinet I already have with ironstone
so I've been collecting a piece here and there. 
In the meantime, I thought a few pieces would look good on the shelves
against the black beadboard at the end of my kitchen island. 
The problem is I keep finding places for the ironstone I've collected
so I'm never going to have enough to fill my china cabinet. {sigh}
 
 
I had cookbooks stored in it before.
 

 
What do you think? 
 
Sharing with
Wow Us Wednesday
Share you Cup Thursday
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I love the new look, it's awesome. The white agaist the black looks wonderful, perfect vignettes!
    Hope you are having a good day~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, Marsha! I don't think you can go wrong with putting ironstone anywhere. It really stands out nicely with the black background of your island. It's a good thing that you still have room in your cabinet! It keeps your collection ongoing and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the vignettes with the ironstone - Pretty.
    Crazy weather here also. 70 Sat. then ice, sleet, snow and bitter cold temps last night and today. Bring on Spring.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see some crocuses ...or are they daffodils, poking out, we are so far from that here.
    I really like how the ironstone looks against the dark of the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't found any blooms yet here in Carolina ... but the Robins are out and about! Good sign that it's about to happen! :) Love ironstone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your white ironstone shows off beautifully against the black, Marsha! Perfect spot for it there in your lovely kitchen.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your island and the ironstone looks fabulous displayed there. Beautifully done. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the white ironstone against the black too. I love your island. I did my island in bead board and painted it black too. I am thinking that maybe I should ditch the chairs and add shelves like you have on your island.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the change and ironstone is always so beautiful to adorn your decor with!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!