h3.post-title, h4 { font: $(post.title.font); color: $(post.title.text.color); } h3.post-title a { font: $(post.title.font); color: $(post.title.text.color); }

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A New (Old) Table

 
 
Yes, I did.  I painted this table. 
I've had this table with the wonderful wood tones
for a long time. 
But, the wonderful wood tones just weren't suiting my purpose.
 I was visualizing something different.

 
So I painted two coats of AS Old White Chalk Paint.

 
Then I put on a pot of green beans. 
Well, yes, I did. 
But if you're taking notes, you don't have to do this step...although,
they tasted pretty good when I finished.



The drawers got two coats of AS Duck Egg Blue.  Next after letting it dry (about an hour),
I brushed the table with a coat of AS clear wax. 
I wiped the access off with a strip of tee shirt fabric. Dabbed a mixture of clear and dark AS wax over the table and drawers with a brush.
I worked in small areas
and wiped the access off as I went with soft fabric. 
After experimenting, I found this works best for me.


After finishing, my little table landed in my office
that I told you about here
Of course, I had to change things around a bit,
but what else is new.

 
I had fun decorating my table with...

a sweet little blue bird, a dried rose, a vintage vase...

 
and a sea shell.
I was thrilled to find these rosettes
in a local antique store. 
They're from an old house in Tennessee. 
I thought they'd fit perfect in my grouping.
 
 
 
I know you wood lovers are cringing at this post,
but I'm pleased with how my little table turned out. 
I can say I'm glad I did it. 
(Now, that's not to say that one day I may be getting out the paint stripper.) 
 
Sharing with others at

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! This is one of my favorite color combos! I have this on the furniture in my bedroom. It looks great and looks like a brand new table. It also looks great next to your beautiful chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table turned out so pretty Marsha...love the pretty vignette you created too! Love the rosettes hanging on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks very sweet and pretty! Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out Marsha! I have used both of those colors before and they are two of my favs. The rosettes are a great find and your office looks so warm and inviting!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table looks perfect there, LOVE that wonderful chair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the new look of the table and the whole vignette!
    happy valentines to you!
    erin
    p.s. have you seen the forecast for thursday? high of 70!! yay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table turned out beautifully...and I love how you styled it as well! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Painting your table gave it a fresh new life!! The whole vignette is soooo pretty. Love the wall display too. My eye immediately went to the three rosettes which fit perfectly with the other wall decor. Perfectly Lovely!!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marsha, This table is so pretty. I really want to try the AS chalk paint this spring on a china cabinet. White and blue sounds (and looks) so fresh. Your vignette is charming, everything about it especially the blue bird and the shell are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!