h3.post-title, h4 { font: $(post.title.font); color: $(post.title.text.color); } h3.post-title a { font: $(post.title.font); color: $(post.title.text.color); }

Friday, February 28, 2014

Hanging Memories

Yesterday, in this post, I showed you how you can make art out of a photo in Photoshop Elements by clicking on Filters, then Artistic.  After doing this post I thought about something I'd done in the past using this technique...and well, I thought you might be interested.

A few years ago, Cigar Man and I went on a Mediterranean cruise.  Of course, we took lots of photos.  After we got home, I started thinking of ways I could display our photos other than just in a photo album. 

So, one idea I had was to edit my photos in Photoshop Elements using the technique I told you about here.  Then display them as art on my walls which I'll get to at the end of this post.  Just hang with me for a bit.

The photo below is a an unedited photo I took in Rome.  We were coming out of a restaurant and there behind me in an alley was this beautiful old wall rich with patina and these delightful flowers hanging from the window sills.  Really, I was breathless!  I thought you only see this kind of thing in books.  They don't really exist.  But they do. 


Below the same photo is edited using
Filters, Artistic, Paint Dabs
in Photoshop Elements.


I probably don't have to tell you the unedited photo below is taken in
romantic Venice. 
 

And below the photo is edited using
Filters, Artistic, Rough Pastel.
 

And another photo from Venice, unedited. 
Trust me, I have a zillion!  I promise not to show them all. 
 
 
And then edited with Paint Dabs again.  (I really like Paint Dabs.)


After editing my photos,
I printed them on 8.5 X 11 photo paper
and let that dry well for a couple of days.
 
I bought 8 X 10 canvases at Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off.
I painted the edges of the canvases with acrylic paint.
 
After letting that dry,
I glued the photos to the canvases with Mod Podge
following the directions on the bottle.
 
And lastly, I hung them on the wall!




Now, we have fond memories of a once in a lifetime trip
as we walk through our home each day.
 
Sharing with Be Inspired.



2 comments:

  1. I think this is such a great idea for making your own art that is personally meaningful, too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!